Care for the Elderly
• $10 million will fund the purchase of, and capital investments in, the Villa St. Francis Skilled Nursing Facility
• Funding will also help provide compassionate, high-quality Catholic health services to individuals who may lack the resources to afford a retirement community of this caliber
“Embracing Christ’s love for all people, we serve those who need care with compassion, excellence, and dignity.”
–Mission of Villa St. Francis
Love and Tenderness for Our Seniors
Since 1946, Villa St. Francis – originally christened Mount St. Joseph’s – has been embracing Christ’s love for all people, serving those who need care with compassion, excellence and dignity.
- Residents receive the spiritual support they deserve, including access to daily Mass, religious sisters who are registered nurses and pastoral care
from priests 24 hours a day.
- Villa St. Francis is an important ministry of the Church, providing compassionate Catholic care to those with limited options for high-quality
skilled nursing services.
- A long-term lease on the facility ends in 2020. Campaign contributions will allow for the purchase of the property, as well as capital investments to address important projects, such as:
• Renovation of resident rooms, including bathrooms, new flooring and furniture.
• Upgrades to the rehabilitation gym space and equipment.
• Updates or replacement of key systems, including HVAC, hot water pipes, roofing and lighting.
By the Numbers:
- More than 70% of residents require state assistance to afford nursing care.
- An average of 200 residents receive nursing care annually.
- The center received a Five-Star CMS Quality Measures Rating.*
* Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) implements quality initiatives to assure quality health care for Medicare beneficiaries through accountability and public disclosure.